The “AI and Analytics: Worldwide Forecast 2018-2022” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The shift to analytics-based solutions is helping to replace smaller, ad-hoc in-house systems with enterprise-strength solutions.
As the use of data analytics builds, revenue is expected to grow. However, tools that are open-source and increasingly require self service help to reduce significant increases in overall market size.
This forecast report provides:
- A detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for spending in the AI and analytics systems market, split into:
- three application segments: business analytics, revenue assurance and network analytics
- two delivery types: product-related and professional services
- four telecoms services: mobile, IoT, consumer fixed and business fixed
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia-Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia-Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- An examination of key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
- Analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the automated assurance systems market
- A detailed market definition
- Recommendations for CSPs and vendors.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What is the overall size of the telecoms artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics software market and what will be the key drivers of growth in the next 5 years?
- How will spending vary across different sub-segments of the analytics software market?
- How will spending vary across different regions and service types?
- What are the major drivers and inhibitors that will affect growth rates of CSP spending on analytics systems?
- What is the impact of software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions?
- Will AI have any impact in the next 5 years?
WHO SHOULD READ THIS REPORT
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand how spending is shifting from best-of-breed point solutions to telecoms AI ecosystems-based approaches.
- Product management teams responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams responsible for growth.
- CSPs that are planning a rationalisation of point solutions and are executing their digital transformation journeys, and want to ensure that they remain up to date.
- Professional services vendors that want to understand the growth opportunities over the next 5 years.
- Business analytics
- Revenue assurance
- Network analytics